Sunday, December 03, 2006

All Good Things

It's been 49 days since I set foot in New York again, to be here "permanently" in as serious a way as that word can mean for me. In the last three weeks I've found and enjoyed a job, a home, good friends, good family, romance, excellent conversation, some free furniture and even the stoic acknowledgement of the disgruntled Trinidadian man that runs the 99 cents store on the corner. I am reminded, as usual, of how extremely fortunate I am, and I'm waiting patiently for the next distasteful, difficult or disastrous occurence to hit me, as I can't possibly have all these wonderful things for much longer without a bad patch to balance them out.

The key, possibly, being balance. So, where are you, and what's it going to be this time?

1 comment:

Bambina said...

Wow! sounds good :) your good luck has been way better than my good luck !