Saturday, October 14, 2006

9 Hours till take-off

I'm brain dead and my heart is ripping. I pack, organize, unpack, reorganize, pack, think think think think think until I'm thinking myself in circles like usual and then thinking about everything I will miss and exactly why my heart is ripping, no more: mom, dad, root, prae, p na, danzig, swimming in a warm open sea, hot sun, mango trees, elephants, cheap food, beautiful drag queens, som tam lao, po dag, fresh kung, FRUIT, an entire population with easy smiles, happy children, waves, tropical storms, MOM, DAD, ROOT, no more, no more, no more of these for a while. How I will ache for them....

1 comment:

emily said...

Hey Bam, just wanted to reveal my thus-far concealed stalkerdom (nice blog!) Welcome back to Los Estados! We don't have mango trees, but it's autumn. Warm up some spiced rum cider in a crockpot and do an obscene amount of pumpkin-based baking, and maybe you'll feel better! We also have hot mulled cider in Cambridge, so stop by anytime.

All good wishes and good luck this week! <3 2nd-cuz Em